Everyone knows the Piña Colada, but not everyone knows the Chi Chi. These two are not much different from each other. Piña means pineapple and Colada means sieved. And that is also the case with this cocktail.
With a Chi Chi, the rum is replaced by vodka. And in this one it has been replaced by our Amsterdam Republic Premium Vodka. By replacing the rum, this cocktail has a lower sugar content.
You can garnish it as crazy as you want with pineapple leaves or wedges. This is a tiki cocktail and these are often very outspoken. The glass itself is also often very festive. We have chosen for a more subtle version.
Chi Chi is also South American slang for breast, or tit.
How to make a Chi Chi?
Ingredients for a vodka Chi Chi
30 ml coconut cream
120 ml Pineapple juice
Piece of pineapple and a cocktail cherry
LET’S MAKE THE CHI CHI
- Take a cocktail shaker and half it with crushed ice.
- Do you only have ice cubes? Then grind it in a blender (which can grind ice).
- Add the vodka, coconut cream and pineapple juice.
- Shake the shaker till a nice foam layer will appear.
- Fill your glass to the brim and garnish the Chi Chi with a skewer with a piece of pineapple and a cocktail cherry.
Watch how to make a Vodka Chi Chi
- Voor een iets romigere variant kunnen alle ingrediënten ook in de blender gedaan worden en vanuit de blender in het glas gegoten worden.